Composition / Soundtrack Composer
Orchestra composition and arrangement for film scores
|Start date||Please let me know as soon as the course is available in English.|
|Course duration||3 months, web-based course|
|Time required||approx. 10 - 15 hours per month|
|Certified Graduation||Soundtrack Composer Certification|
|Course fee||149 Euro incl. VAT per month|
Goran TschubriloProducer and composer
(University of Music and Performing Arts Graz/Austria: Magister artium Composition)
Made-to-order works for the opera orchestra KlangImPuls Graz, Festival für Neue Musik Hörfest Graz, Varazdin string quartet etc. Intense engagement in the subject classical/romantic and modern orchestra music, for example the use of instrumentation and orchestration technology in film music.
|Course overview|| In this course, you will learn techniques relevant for musical composing and arrangement for orchestras. Specially designed practical tasks will help you learn how to put these techniques into practice.
This comprehensive course is very practice-oriented. It focuses on the expressive, dramaturgical and composition-related use of musical instruments.
|Course content||• In the first month, the course focuses on the compositional use of string instruments (both as solo instruments as well as orchestra sections).|
• The second month covers the use of the most important woodwind (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon) and brass instruments (horn, trumpet, trombone).
• In the third month, you will learn about the basic techniques of a string arrangement.
• The course offers a high number of sound and score samples.
• Students will discuss excerpts from the works of Max Bruch, Anton Bruckner, Antonin Dvorak, Edward Elgar, Edvard Grieg and Pyotr I. Tschaikowsky.
• There will be samples from film scores by Danny Elfman, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, Howard Shore, John Williams, Hans Zimmer and others.
• There will be samples from the movies Batman, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, E.T., The English Patient, Titanic, Saving Private Ryan, Lord of the Rings, Schindler’s List and many more.
|Prerequisites||• Good note reading skills
• Knowledge of elementary music theory (knowledge of keys and the basics of harmonics are sufficient)
|Suitable for||Prospective composers and arrangers in the fields of film, TV, games, marketing and all multimedia sections (e.g. presentations). Also for musicians who arrange music for various ensembles (e.g. school orchestras).|
|Hardware requirements||Computer (PC/MAC) with internet access, speakers, audio software|
|Software requirements||• Adobe Reader (ab 9.0)
• Sibelius, Finale, Capella or similar.
|Educational Software||If you still need to purchase audio software, as a student of Audiocation you can benefit from a reduction of up to 50% on various sound software products. Further information can be found under software.|
|Career Options||Soundtrack Composer, Composer, Arranger|